Book Today!The clinics are open Monday to Friday, with one Saturday per month
About the Clinics
- Based on a business and operational model developed by Humane Alliance: high quality, high volume, self-sustaining
- Open to everyone regardless of geography or income level (the public, shelters and animal rescue groups)
- Hours: 8-6 Monday through Friday, with one Saturday per month. Please register for the waiting list
- Clients are encouraged to develop a regular relationship with their local full-service veterinarian and to educate themselves about responsible pet ownership
- SPCAs and Humane Societies across Canada encourage pet owners that if you've 'Got a Pet? Get a Vet!™'.
Click here to read more facts on spay/neuter clinics.
- The pet overpopulation issue is a direct result of animals left unaltered
- Local cat rescue organizations estimate that the number of homeless cats living in the streets of Toronto to be close to half a million
- Thousands of healthy animals are euthanized in Ontario annually due to lack of shelter space and funding
- Spaying and neutering is a straight-forward medical procedure with many health benefits, including the reduction in the risk of developing certain cancers and illnesses
- Clinics utilizing this spay/neuter model in the US have reduced shelter admissions and euthanasia by up to 70%!
- Data collected by our clinics shows that over 50% of spay/neuter clients have no previous relationship with a veterinarian
The Ontario SPCA Marion Vernon Memorial Clinic (Barrie) is looking for volunteers to be part of our morning team.
As a clinic volunteer, you will assist vet/technicians with after-care for recovering animals and provide a safe and welcoming environment for the animals and the public.
For more information on how to become involved in The Ontario SPCA Marion Vernon Memorial Clinic (Barrie), please CLICK HERE.
The Ontario SPCA requires all volunteers must be 14 years or older to participate in our volunteer program.
Applicants to our program are accepted based on suitability, interest, skills and our available positions. Due to the high volume of requests we cannot guarantee a placement for all qualified applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.